Top 3 Routers for Spectrum in 2022
There are multiple Routers that are compatible with spectrum internet services. There are two options available can you can opt for the one that suits you. If you are looking for a router that means you have a modem at home. The main purpose of having a router at home is to eliminate the rental fees. A lot of service providers are offering old and outdated modems with very high rents. You can watch your favorite movies through the routers without any hassle. Spectrum TV packages are cost-effective if you bundle them up.
It is always a good decision to buy your own router rather than going for the rental option. In this blog, we will help you find out the best router that is compatible with the spectrum internet service. Why one should opt for a separate router with advantages and disadvantages. Moreover, you can bundle up them with spectrum TV plans.
Benefits of having charter spectrum own router versus rental router.
- When you are having your own router, you do not have to pay a hefty rental amount every month.
- You can have full control of the router.
- When you have your own router you tend to buy the latest modem available in the market
- You can choose the router of your own choice according to your requirements
- Along with the internet bill, you have to pay the rental amount as well.
- When you go for the rental router, there are some limitations.
- The rental routers are usually outdated and do not offer the latest technology.
- You cannot always get a router according to your needs.
Separate router versus a combination of router and modem
Advantages of a separate router
- Through a separate router, you can control and customize the settings via the Internet
- When you have a separate router and modem you do not have to replace both of them in case they are not working
- Usually having both can be cost-effective when upgrading
- Space can be an issue
Modem /Router combination
- When you’re using a combo of modem and router you do not have a lot of control
- Buying a single device is better than going for two separate one
- Setting up the devices will require less time and is easy
- A Combo requires less space
Netgear nighthawk X 4S
It is one of the best routers that are compatible with the Charter spectrum internet. The Netgear is a piece of dual-band equipment with a 1.7 GHz Core processor. With the help of this router, you can connect multiple devices at the same time. Connecting various devices is not an issue with this router. The router offers the customer beamforming Technology. In simple words, it means that it is a strong and reliable device and that connects fast-speed internet to the devices. You can connect four amplified Antennas externally. The backend panel can support two USB ports.
The advantages of the router are
- It can provide exceptionally well Wi-Fi speed up to 2600 Mbps.
- You can get speed from both the bands that are 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz.
- Cause of the dual-band the router can provide coverage up to 2500 square feet
- The beamforming Technology covers the odd ends in your house
- Guest Wi-Fi access is also available in the router
- Moreover, you get a Firewall with the router
- The add-on features ESATA is a very useful feature
- You can set up the routers with Amazon Alexa to enable the voice control
- You can set this device very easily
The disadvantage of this router is the fact that it is very pricey. The price factor does not make it a handy choice for every household.
Netgear nighthawk modem/ router combo CM 1000
This device is a combination device that has a built-in modem and router. You can use the device as a two-in-one option for charter spectrum internet. This two-in-one device provides the functionality of a router and modem simultaneously. With This device, you can get speed up to six Gbps. The device is compatible with the 3.1 DOCSIS cable. The backward panel support 3.0 devices as well. The device can save up to 120 dollars every year. This is the amount the company is advertising in terms of the rents the customer pay.
Advantages of the device
- The device support almost all the leading internet service provider
- You can easily connect this router with any Wi-Fi through the Ethernet port
- The device provides a 32 x 8 channel bonding.
- The device supports even OFDM 2X2 and DOCSIS 3.1
- You can set up the device in 5 minutes, as it is very easy and smooth to use
- The device has compatibility with Amazon Alexa ready
The disadvantage of this device can be the fact that it is not compatible with other leading internet service providers.
Netgear nighthawk smart Wi-Fi R6700
This is one of the most budget-friendly options available in the market. It is a combination device. This is a 2 in 1 device for charter spectrum, which can provide speed up to 6gbps. The devices are compatible with the 3.1DOCSIS cable. Save dollars up to 120 every year in terms of rent and fees. It is a budget-friendly and cost-effective option that works as a router and modem simultaneously.
The advantages of this device are
- The device is highly compatible with the leading internet service providers in America
- The device can be connected to any Wi-Fi router using the Ethernet port slot
- The device offers 32 x 8 channel bonding along with compatibility with OFDM 2×2.
- You can set this device up in less than 10 minutes
- The device can manage multiple networks from PC to Alexa
One of the biggest disadvantages of this device is that it is not compatible with AT&T and few other leading providers.
In this blog, we have listed down the top three best routers for spectrum internet. How about choosing the final option can depend on your usage and your budget. The devices are fantastic in their own ways. Choosing the one can be a tough choice but depends on your overall usage. Therefore, when it comes to opting for a charter spectrum compatible router keep a few other things in mind as well. In the end, it all depends on how much money willing to spend. The expensive router has more advanced features than its counterparts have. You can find out the cheapest spectrum cable packages and internet plans at cable internet options.