It is never too easy to move your contact list from one account to another. The same goes when you try to import iCloud contacts to Outlook. iCloud and Outlook are built by two rival companies: Apple and Microsoft. iCloud is a data storing platform that provides large cloud space to store information that can be retrieved from anywhere. Due to the fantastic features provided by MS Outlook, it is not uncommon to see a transition from iCloud to another. Contacts being of high importance for anyone, their safe migration is extremely important to not mess up with any of its attributes.
“I have over a thousand contacts in my iCloud. But since our company has shifted to the Outlook email client, I am left with a dilemma as to how to import iCloud contacts to Outlook. Is there any easy way to go about this task?”
iCloud consists of an automated computerized address book that is synchronized with Apple OS. Therefore, you will have to first convert the contacts into VCF file format. Let’s learn more about this in the next section.
How to Import iCloud Contacts to Outlook?
The best method as already stated is to convert the contacts from your iCloud account to VCF. A VCF (aka vCard) file format is a business card file that stores your contact data in distinct and dedicated fields. It contains specific data entry space for your name, email ID, business name, phone number, company name, company number, FAX, and many other fields that you can think of. A vCard contact file is also the best source to share your address book with other users or other platforms with no boundaries since both Windows and Mac OS accept it.
First, let’s learn how to export contacts from iCloud:
1. Log in to iCloud account & click on Contacts.
2. Select all contacts & tap on the gear icon.
3. Choose the “Export vCard” option & save the files.
You have created a VCF file. MS Outlook does accept a VCF or vCard file but only one at a time. Importing multiple vCard files in a single attempt is not accepted by Outlook. Now, migrating one contact file at a time is the most impractical thing considering the fact that there are uncountable addresses. To overcome this issue, you need software to import VCF multiple contacts to Outlook. The PCVITA vCard Importer software is the best choice.
Steps to Import iCloud Contacts to Outlook
1. Download and run the PCVITA vCard Importer software. Add VCF files you just created by clicking on the Add File(s) or Folder feature in the top left corner.
2. Now, you will see all the fields and attributes of the contacts. Choose those that you would like to convert and click on Export.
3. Then you will be taken to the Export type screen. Here, you need to select your destination. You can save the files in an existing PST file, create a new PST file or import the contacts into a default MS Outlook profile.
4. Provide a location to save them and hit the export button. The process to import iCloud contacts to Outlook will begin.
Done! Finally, you need to import these contacts into Outlook. This software provides you unlimited benefits such as:
1. Opportunity to import multiple contacts in a single attempt.
2. No risk of corrupting your contact fields or attributes.
3. Does not require manual mapping of your contact fields.
4. Supports all versions of the vCard file i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
5. The vCard produced can be imported into numerous platforms.
6. Maintains folder hierarchy & supports all versions of Outlook.
Import vCard to Outlook
1. Launch Outlook & tap on File in the top left corner.
2. Click on the Open & Export option from the list.
3. Now, select Import from another program or file.
4. Choose the PST option > Next.
5. Choose the PST file to import & select a folder to save them,
6. Finally, map the custom attributes & click on Finish.
You have successfully imported iCloud Contacts to Outlook. This is a secure and safe method to adopt and probably the easiest one to perform the migration.
In this blog, we provided you the most common and best strategy to import iCloud contacts to Outlook. PCVITA vCard Importer software provides a free version for you to try. Follow this strategy that is the most trustworthy way to get the perfect results. I hope this article helps you.
Heena Ansari is a digital marketer and founder of Techpuzz. She aims to give Digital marketing tips & guide for a beginner and help them to grow their career in Digital Marketing.