Are you trying to take in contacts to your Outlook account? The process to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 2016 or other versions can be a little tricky for some users. VCF is a virtual card that is widely used to store every possible contact detail. Outlook supports a VCF file but there is a little catch here. Read this user query to exactly know the issue:
“I have multiple vCard contacts created on my smartphone and need to import them to Outlook 2016. Outlook does not seem to accept multiple VCF files and is importing only the first contact from such files. Is there any easy way to migrate my thousands of contacts?”
If you are looking for solutions to this problem then, you have landed on the right page because here, we will provide you all the answers you’ll ever need.
How to Import VCF with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 2016?
MS Outlook is one of the most commonly used email clients by businesses around the world. It has set a benchmark for email exchange services but even after attaining such heights, it lacks some basic features. Outlook 2016, 2019, etc only provides the option to import in a single VCF file at a time. So, if you are having multiple contact files, you will have to import them one by one and perform each step as many times. Also, you will be required to map the custom fields each time. In the coming sections, we will explain two methods using which you can import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 2016 and other versions.
Manual Method to Import Contacts
If you are having a VCF file that has contacts merged in it, you can follow these steps:
1. Launch Outlook & click on the File button in the upper left corner.
2. After this, click on the Open & Export option and then choose Import/Export.
3. Click on Import a vCard file (.vcf) and hit the Next button.
4. Now, browse a vCard file that you want to import & click on Next.
5. The file will now get stored in its location.
This process does impose some restrictions like importing only the first contact of a VCF containing hundreds of these. Additionally, you will be required to map the custom fields of the VCF with Outlook which is a time-consuming process. There are many other such drawbacks of the manual method that can be a huge pain when working.
Smart Way to Import VCF with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 2016?
After researching for the best solution, we came across the PCVITA vCard Importer tool and highly recommend it to import vCard contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and others. Here we have mentioned some significant features of this tool
Features of the Software
1. Import contacts to an existing PST or a new PST file.
2. Allows importing contacts to default MS Outlook profile.
3. Supports all versions of a VCF file i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
4. Compatible with VCF files from multiple applications.
5. Preserves the data integrity & converts all fields of contacts.
6. No limitations on the number of contacts you transfer.
Steps to Import VCF with Multiple Contacts to Outlook 2016
1. Download and launch the PCVITA vCard Importer tool and add a vCard (VCF) file to it.
2. The software will now provide you a preview of the contacts along with their attributes. Here, select the contacts you want to migrate.
3. Now, choose whether you want to convert and save them in an existing Outlook PST file, save them in a new PST file or migrate directly to Outlook default profile.
4. After you provide a location to save them. Hit the Export button to begin the conversion process.
After creating the PST file, you will now have to simply import them to Outlook. Follow steps 1 to 5 of the previous procedure.
Voila! The process to import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, or any other version completes here.
In this blog, we have explained two different ways i.e., manual and an automated solution. Since there are a couple of limitations imposed by the manual method, we have also provided an alternate and smarter solution to overcome them. To import VCF with multiple contacts to Outlook 2016 you simply have to download the tool and it will give you the perfect results within few steps. This quick yet safe method makes sure that your files are not damaged in any sense and all of the details of contact get easily migrated.