HP printer is the top-most brand that offers a variety of devices at a very reasonable price. But there are cases when you face the issue that “HP printer is offline” and this occurs due to a large number of reasons; some are unknown while others are still not found. But the reports of these errors are increasing continuously and therefore we here complied with all the recovery methods in a list. If you are also having the same issue and want to make HP Printer Online, read it till the end.
Check the cable connection:
The cable connections are important to make the printer work. If cables are not properly inserted, the chances of going to printer offline are quite high. The network, Ethernet and power cables needed to be properly configured and inserted to the socket for both power and network connection. For a wireless printer, check for the network connectivity. Also, changing the socket for your cables can help in most of the cases. Both ends of the cables i.e. to socket and device should be properly connected.
How to set a printer online manually?
To set up the HP printer manually, you need to follow the steps given here below: driver
- First, go to the Start menu and go to the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Click-right on the printer with the question “See, what’s printing”
- Now from the prompted window choose “printer” from the menu.
- Choose “Use printer online” from the drop-down menu.
Remove all pending print jobs:
- From the “See what’s printing” menu, right-click on the “Cancel” from any print job available.
- Once the print jobs are removed, choose “Use printer online”
- After this, you need to remove the print jobs and try restarting your computing device.
Remove and re-install printer:
- Right-click on “devices and printers” and choose “remove device”
- Now, select “Add a printer” from “Devices and printers”
How to remove Printer Drivers and Packages
- First sign-in as to Windows as admin
- Now in the search bar, type CMD
- Using the command prompt, type “printui /s /t2” using spaces to open the Print Server Properties option.
- Remove the Driver and Package for the printer that is having the issue
- Now you need to add the printer again by choosing to Add a printer from Devices and Printers
- This way the printer will get online again and you will be able to print
- If there is an issue with the hardware, you need to contact the printer’s manufacturer or technical staff
- If fixing the printer cost you more, you can consider purchasing a new printer
An alternative way to get back the printer online:
- Go to Settings and then Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and choose “use printer online”
- Look for any print job and delete them.
- Double click on the selected printer
- Open the “Printer Menu” and choose “cancel all documents”
- The printer jam or stuck jobs can also cause offline printer error
- Now try printing again to get the printer online again.
- Find the printer and then go to “printer off” and toggle the switch to make it online again
- If there is a jam, clear the error first
- Check for the network connection as a poor connection can cause the issue “printer is offline”
Re-install the drivers:
- First, go to “printers” from the “Settings” menu
- Right-click on printers and select “properties”
- Now in the “general” or “details” option, choose driver button
- You can download HP printer drivers from the website of the manufacturer
- Try to re-install the printer
- Now go to the Settings and open Printers.
- Next, the list that appears, delete the printer and try to re-install it again
- Click on “Add Printer” and install the related drivers from the official website.
Check USB connections:
If you use USB cable connection and it turns offline, restart your printer and check the cable connection cable. Then, follow the below-given directions:
- Shut down your devices, printer, and computer and then disconnect the USB cable from PC
- If the cable is damaged, replace it with the new one.
- Check for the length of the cable and make sure it is shorter than 3m.
- Change the port of USB cable and make sure it is 2.0 and not less than that. Directly plug the cable to the computer instead of attaching it to a USB hub or docking station.
- The cable should be connected to both ports.
- Now, switch on the computer and complete the startup.
- Make sure the printer is in the active mode and if you have Windows OS installed on your device, wait for the computer till the new printer is installed on your device.