Your house needs to be secured with extra wiring protection that will help in giving full security to your house. One of the very popular wiring systems is concealed conduit wiring. It has become the trusted formula for every domestic purpose. These wiring are popular because of their ability in protecting your house from external damage. It also increases the longevity of your electrical system as they are not meant to be damaged easily. Though the wiring tasks must be performed by an electrician London but certain fixings can also be done by YOU!
In this post you will learn about 4 easy steps to install the concealed conduit wiring system.
The 4 steps are as follows:
Step 1 would be when you have to lay the electrical conduit in the slab.
Step 2 would be when you have to lay the conduit in the wall.
Step 3 would be when you need to install the switch boards.
Step 4 would be when you have to install the distribution boards.
Before you start installing the conduit wiring in your home, make sure you have a full picture of the locations of the lights and fans in your home. Such a basic diagram is needed in order to know from which place you have to take the wiring. Here’s the step by step guidelines on the installations:
Step 1 lay the electrical conduit in the slab
- You need a 2 mm thick slab conduit for your house. It should be 25 mm in size for the PVC conduits. You have to lay the electrical conduit in between the top and bottom support.
- You must use only deep junction boxes for this. Take a binding wire and bind it with the PVC conduit.
- Colorful wires are recommended so that you can distinguish between the wires. Use a grey type PVC wiring for data and black PVC wires for the electrical supply. You will also need a PVC solvent that can join the accessories.
- Be extra sure of the wall drops and monitor closely about the thickness of it.
- The next step would be for the switchboards. You need to check the conduit depending upon the service drawings. Have a look at the location of the switchboards and where it needed to be installed.
- A special care is needed when you work on the concrete slab.
- If you see any broken pipes, make sure to replace them.
- Make sure that the joints are sealed in watertight condition.
- If you are done with the slab and the beams, you can now pass the GI wiring.
- Now add the sleeve in beams based on the electrical and air conditioning.
- Adjust the pull boxes as per the appropriate locations.
- Make sure you are not cluttering every pull boxes at one place. You need to arrange them in a way so that it can not be easily visible from any kind of cloggy movement.
If you want to take help from an electrician to do the electrical work for you, make sure you only allow a registered electrician in London to enter your house.
Step 2 lay the conduit in the wall
- Determine the location for your new device. You have to decide whether you need to power your new device from an existing outlet or from the breaker panel.
- Diagram your new wiring path and measure for the length of an NMB cable you will need.
- Don’t do wall chasing without the help of the wire cutters as this will avoid any wall damage.
- You will then need to fix the conduit by ensuring that all the clips are in its proper position and gives a safe path for routing and wiring.
- When you are done with the fixings of the boxes, accessories and the conduit itself, you need to fill the surface with the cement. You can also apply a mesh wrapped around the conduit giving it an extra security.
- Do a level marking on the wall while starting with the conducting work. You must keep the height above the finished floor level.
- The width of the chasing must be the number of conduits.
- Keep the depth as 10mm from the masonry wall.
- You have to be sure of the fact that the horizontal conduit are running straight. The light conduit should run vertically to the switch board.
- Make sure to use only spring while bending the wires.
Step 3 install the switch boards
- The concealed board must be fixed properly as per the height of the finished floor levels.
- The gap in between the switchboard must be uniform. Make sure to maintain this uniformity for all installations.
- You need switchboards which are of metal types. Now fix the concealed box at least 3 mm below from the plastered surface.
- You need to finish the box fitting work before the plastering. Now fill the boxes with the thermocol and let the plastering work going.
Step 4 install the distribution boards
- You need to conceal the distribution board before the work of plastering.
- Now fix the DB box properly and level it as given in the brickwork.
- Fix the conduits as per its numbers which is entering into the distribution box.
- Make sure you have placed the PVC pipes only through the entry holes.
That’s all for the installation of the most secured electrical wiring in your home. If you feel like having some types of confusion or if you are not sure of handling it, give the task to Electric Works London who are professional enough in doing all the electrical works in the safest means possible.
Heena Ansari is a digital marketer and founder of Techpuzz. She aims to give Digital marketing tips & guide for a beginner and help them to grow their career in Digital Marketing.